Saturday, August 11, 2012

Peer Comment



Comment on Donovan Hawkins' Independent Research Entry

Donovan, I read your entry and I can't agree with you more. I, personally, had thought about the Internet innovations that have contributed to the industry and thought about posting about it, but I went a different direction. One thing that is certain, connectivity to the masses helps an artist's career build and makes their more more accessible by means like you have stated. When you said..."that I can find out whats coming out from a favorite artist or just listen to new music and know who to look out for", you have the idea I was talking about earlier. You have an edge over other means and that helps you as a producer and artist as well. Sometimes, the "next best thing" could be a Tweet away. Awesome post!

Keith








Osbourne Ruddock Comment to Jeremy Wood
Keith GarceauAugust 26, 2012 10:40 PM

Jeremy,
You truly did some searching for this. I was not aware of this. The idea behind Dub is not as familiar to me, therefore, this was very informative. I also like your page. It is very informative and interactive. Nicely designed and organized. Great work!!

Keith


Kraftwerk comment to Matthew Wheatley



Matthew, I find that you had the same outlook that most did about the innovative approach that Kraftwerk took towards creating something "new". I feel that you could have elaborated more on the influence that they were looking for.Yes, the Beach Boys were an inspiration, but not the main influence. I believe, or at list in several articles I researched, that the influence was not primarily the song that they were looking for, but the sound. The Western influence was primarily reflective of the Western culture. Kraftwerk was looking for the influential image that was reflective on Germany, that would give Germany the same type of cultural reflection as the Beach Boys did with their "fun in the sun" approach. I truly did find your Blog entertaining and informative. I would advise to correctly format your posts in APA format. Make sure titles are italicized and what not. Overall, awesome job!!!!

Kraftwerk Comment to Alexander Christopher
Keith Garceau August 20, 2012 12:00 AM

Alexander,
I truly enjoyed reading your Blog about Kraftwerk. I, myself, was more aiming towards the music construction and totally left out their image. As, you stated, "The group’s image portrayed the opposite of the rock scene’s image. Suits and ties with an almost nerdy scientist/ technician look was mainly the style they presented." Observing the videos that they created in the early years of their career, you can almost smell and hear the birthing of the MTV generation in the womb. The only other major characters in the electronic era that I could relate to like Kraftwerk is Devo.

Outstanding descriptive concepts. I truly enjoyed it.




Pet Sounds Comment to Jonathan Greer


Keith Garceau August 11, 2012 12:05 PM
 Jonathan, I can truly relate to those summers, listening to the Beach Boys while swimming in my pool with my friends. I never knew, then, why I liked the music so much. I think it was the energy that they created which made it fun to listen to. The first time I heard songs from Pet Sounds, I was probably more confused than excited. That mainstream sound you refer to was not present, yet the sound was still as intense as before. The doubling of instruments and vocals is a tool I use still to enrich my own music. Excellent points were made in your Blog. Well done!


Comment to Brady Marshall on both posts


Hello Brady, I wanted to comment on both your entries. Growing up with the fun loving, pop-style music of both the Beatles and the Beach Boys, I always enjoyed the music and always wondered if I could be like them someday. After hearing songs from Pet Sounds and Revolver, I was a bit confused at the change. It was strange and new. To me, it was a great change, but many were confused as to why it was such a drastic change of sound. Having been a Lennon fan forever, I thought the Revolver album was ideal for his style and voice. The Pet Sounds album took a direction that nobody thought was coming. Your input on modular recording was a great contribution. I personally believe that the concept of modular recording is one of the greatest tools that Wilson utilized, as I do today. Awesome insight and great Blog!!


No comments:

Post a Comment